Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Talk Like A Pirate Day, 2012

 Well, I once had a puppy named Pirate but he was run over by the cokehead that used to live down the road.  He was a sweet boy, named because he had a big ol' black eyepatch. Other than that I have no particular love for pirates and still believe they should all be dropped overboard when caught. Or bombed. Or shot. Or burnt alive with blowtorches, starting at the toes.Or dropped in the woodchipper.

 Still, if one wishes to talk like a pirate, today is the day. I mostly talk like I'm irate.

 Speaking of irate, I got a new ISP, well I think it's an ISP. I'm not much better at computer talk than pirate speak. At any rate I had Verizon satellite and then all of a sudden my Verizon bill was over 400 dollars. Seems that, unbeknownst to me, there was a big price to pay for watching too much video. So I went to my sat TV provider and they sold me a ViaSat Surfbeam 2 with a big ol' dish and everything. Now I can't use U tube or any other video, which was kind of the point of the whole thing. and I don't know why. I wonder should I try to clear out everything and then redo all the original discs? Or what. Arrr! There, I talked like a pirate.0

1 comment:

pamibe said...

I'd call them, Peter. That's supposed to be very fast broadband. Maybe it's easy as some setting needs to be tweaked.