Sunday, January 16, 2011

A Life Writter By Mel Blanc

A couple quick medical updates, for those who my have a faint interest:

I am almost totally done with the active Shingles outbreak. Almost every single scab has come off, there haven't been any new sores develop. That's something. I saw my family practice Doc again. He was pleased with my progress and mentioned that I had the biggest case he's seen in a while. I do confess, it was rather gaudy.

I am still fighting what they call "Postherpectic Neuralgia". It is, I believe and hope, starting to ease. I mostly do not take the Tramadol now, a combination of Ibuprofen and Tylonal, plus my Gabapentin keeps it under control. Most of the time. Okay, sometimes. Once in a while? The pain, when it hits, is in four places on my right side, the elbow, the shoulder, front and back and my neck. Anyhow, I have an appointment with my Neuro Doc, maybe we can get this over with.

The big news is that Linda Lou comes home Tuesday! Well, actually, she doesn't come home, I have to go get her. So, I shall drive to Canada, er, Oklahoma, er, Allen and bring her home. Perhaps by the time I drive up and get her the driveway and grass will be dry enough so her wheelchair does not sink in the mud. Considering that they still haven't allowed her to put any weight on her bad leg, that would be nice. I must push her up the ramp in her wheelchair, get her to the step into the house, then she gets on her walker while I take the wheelchair in the house, push it right to the step. She turns around by hopping in the walker, sits down in the wheelchair and I pull her the rest of the way into the house.

This should be interesting. I'm pretty sure this scenario was written by Mel Blanc or, perhaps, Walter Lantz. I never claimed to be clairvoyant or anything but I foresee another visit from the South Tawokoni Volunteer Fire Dept. out to the poorfarm.

No comments: