Thursday, December 24, 2009

Merry Christmas!

So I went out today to get the tire fixed, Linda Lou drove into a curb for no apparent reason. It turned out the tire couldn't be fixed, the sidewall was broken so I had to buy one. It was, of course, the coldest day in forever, there were even snowflakes. It's supposed to be down into the low teens tonight with wind chills down to the single digits. There is something wonderful about a tire repair shop in winter, down here they do not have heat, most of the year they don't worry about heat, they're hoping to keep enough breeze going to prevent heatstroke.

By the time I finished carrying the groceries into the house the stairs were icing up, I have no idea of what I'd do if I lived in Minnesota or somesuch place where they actually have enough snow to stay on the ground for a while. That's not true, I have an idea, I'd move. South. Fast. And Far.

Still, while we're living four miles south of the North Pole I'd like to wish everyone a Merry Christmas.

No comments: