Monday, May 04, 2009

Just Wondering

I'm kind of curious about one little detail. Most everybody who is serious about the economy is expecting we'll hit the wall fairly quickly with these trillion dollar deficits. Now Bambi is still talking about how he's going to pay these things off while giving 95% of citizens an income tax cut.

Now I'm no economist but since almost half of the country doesn't pay income tax, how is he going to cut those taxes? Since the top five percent pays 60% of the taxes I'm not real sure that Bush did a very good job of "tax cuts for the rich".

But what I am really curious about is how people like Obama, Reid and Pelosi are going to explain the mess when the Chinese want some of their money back.

I could see, if the unholy trinity had held spending down even to the insane levels of the last year of the Republican Congress they could just screech Boosh! Booosh! and a sufficient portion of the public might let them live. But having run against Bush's spending and then increasing the deficit to well over a trillion dollars seems to be a whole different problem.

It seems to me that when the bill comes due for this there will be a lot of people very unhappy. I have seen that Bambi's energy proposals will cost each family some thirty-one hundred dollars a year. Well, if I had someone to ghostwrite books making me millions like some people, that would be fine. Or if I could jet all over and have a limo idling outside while I made speeches about how the little people use too much energy. As it is, I don't have an extra thirty-one hundred dollars a year. Not many folks I know do. Folks I know either work for wages or run businesses small enough that an extra thirty-one hundred dollars a year might just cause them to lay off some help, or go out of business. Then what?

It looks as if our political class is eating the seed corn. That is the one sure way to lose the farm. I don't mind Bambi, Pelosi and Reid losing their farms. I'd rather, though, that they didn't take us with them. And I'm curious, what are they going to do if the whole thing comes crashing down around their ears? They can scream Boosh! Booosh! all they want, the entire government belongs to them now. Under Bush I paid my house off. If I lose it to government idiocy it won't be Bush. I won't be mad at the Republicans who can't stop this stupidity, either.

Well, I will be mad at Republicans, if only they'd stayed with the Party Platform they'd never have ended up with no power at all. Instead, they blew it. Leading us to this.

No comments: