Monday, February 18, 2008

So, Now She Is Finally Proud Of Her Country?

So, I'm minding my own business, not bothering anybody, when I read how Michelle Obama is, for the first time in her adult life, proud of her country.

Let me get this straight in my head. Here is a racial minority. A woman. She has an Ivy League law degree. She has had good jobs her whole adult life. Her Husband is a United States Senator with a fairly good chance to be the nominee for President.

Ms. Obama has traveled. She has seen how women live in other countries. She has seen how minorities live in other countries. And only now can she be proud of her country? She has children that are growing up privileged. And only now?


I am retired from a job that no honest man could ever expect to become rich. Honest men in foreign countries in my line of work live in small apartments and bicycle to work. I live in a paid for home on a half acre near the lake. My car is paid for. We are officially in the lower third of income levels here and I am writing on a (paid for) computer. Suppose Mrs. Obama was living where her husband's father lived. Suppose too that she were not wealthy. Would she have a good job? Would she even have all her girl parts?

There is something seriously wrong with liberals. Nowhere on Earth do the poor live as well as they do in America. Nowhere do the middle class live as well. Well, maybe Australia comes close. No where on this planet do minorities have the opportunities as they do here. Libs are always saying that patriots cannot see the warts on the USA. That is wrong. We see the warts, we also see the good. Libs can only see the warts. It is disgusting.

No comments: