Monday, June 25, 2007

Sixgun Shorty

I am praying for a friend of mine that I have never actually met. Sixgun Shorty is an SASS Pard, lives out by Lake Tahoe. At the moment his house is still standing but that big fire is awfully close.

I am being somewhat selfish in my prayers, Shorty and his wife have gone to stay with a son so they and their dogs are safe. My concern is that Shorty could only get some of his shootin' irons out. You see, Sixgun Shorty is a collector, as well as a shooter. His collection includes a whole slew of 19th Century firearms, many are irreplaceable.

The nifty thing about this particular hobby is that a feller like me can easily rub shoulders with a whole 'nother tax bracket. I will never be able to afford an engraved second generation Colt Single Action Army with ivory grips. But I've shot one.

Anyhow, if you have a spare prayer or good thought, pray for the safety of those firefighters out west, along with some homes and an irreplaceable set of shootin' irons. And some of the prettiest country in the world.

No comments: