Monday, October 24, 2005

Going Shopping.

I'm going shopping today, we've a few bucks left and it's time for my next shootin' iron, the end of my shopping for a Cowboy Action Shootin' battery. We're going to the Doctor's first, it's time for our regular blood work and prescription update. (Be still, my beating heart)

I'm looking for the second revolver, it didn't occur to me that one would need two until I actually read the rules of the SASS bunch. Anyhow, I don't know that we'll actually buy the iron today, we're gonna have to go clean to Fort Worth to look at one at Cabella's. They have a very inexpensive copy of the old Colt Peacemaker, some $289.00 or so for the 4 and 3/8 inch in .45 Colt. It's got the dull blue job, no color case hardening on the frame and an unfinished brass frame on the grips. It's not the iron I'd really like, I personally like the balance of the 5 and 1/2 inch barrel and there aren't very many that wouldn't prefer good blue and nice color case hardening. Trouble is, that low price and that I already HAVE one nice primary gun. So, what we'll do is look 'round the used racks today and then, if we have the energy left, over to Fort Worth to Cabella's if there isn't a good used revolver for, say, $350.00 or so.

I do love me some gun shopping.

No comments: